Saturday, December 1, 2012
Swiftlet Nest with Crab Meat and Winter Melon Soup
- 113 g soaked swiftlet's nest
- 450 g winter melon
- 38 crab meat
- 2 cups stock
- 1 egg white
- 1 slice ginger
- 1/3 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp caltrop starch
- 2 tbsp stock
1. Wash the swfitlet's nest and remove peel from winter melon.
2. Remove pith and cut it into pieces.
3. Bring stock to the boil.
4. Add ginger slice and melon.
5. Stew it for 10 minutes.
6. Cover for 10 minutes then discard the ginger slice.
7. Add winter melon to the blender and process it into winter melon puree.
8. Add swiftlet's nest to the winter melon puree and bring to the boil.
9. Add crab meat, salt, caltrop starch, stock and egg white.